Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Helpful Sewing Gadgets

The zipper class allowed me to work with some pretty cool tools that I feel I must share:

The magnetic stitch guide may not be helpful to experienced sewers, but even if I think I'm paying attention, my stitches (especially hems) tend to get a little crazy. This magnetic guide sticks to the needle plate and you can line it up so that your fabric stays in place while you stitch.


Sewing machines don't usually come with zipper feet so if you're planning to sew in zippers, I'd highly recommend it.

This was probably the coolest thing I used. It replaces pins that get in the way of the machine. It's basically heavy-duty double stick tape that washes out in the washer. Way cool, especially for zippers. It's a little hard to find but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment