Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Zipper Class

After my sad attempts at sewing in a zipper, I decided to search the web for sew classes in my area. I got really lucky and found a class at the Stitch Lab, which is right down the road from work. The business is in a cute little house with tons of cool fabric and neats sewing tools.

The actual class was great - 3.5 hours of zipper emersion. I learned how to sew in a middle zipper, a lap zipper and an invisible zipper. Despite the way it sounds, it was actually really fun and the time flew by. We made a small bag and were able to take our work and papers home for future reference.

The next day I sewed an invisible zipper into the dress I was working on (more on that in a future blog). Needless to say, the class was well worth the time and expense.

Examples of the zippers I made:

Middle Zipper
Lap Zipper


Invisible Zipper

1 comment: